Patient Participation Group
The Aims of the Patient Participation Group
Patient to Patient where your views really matter
We would like to know how we can improve our service, particularly patient education and how you and other patients perceive our surgery and staff. To help with this we have a Patient Participation Group [PPG]. The overall aim of our group is to develop a positive and constructive relationship between patients and the practice.
A PPG can:
1. Offer patient feedback about their experiences with the surgery
2 Improve patient education in chronic illness
3. Help the practice improve services
4. Improve communication and be actively involved with patient surveys
5. Help to promote good health
6. Offer practical support to the practice
A PPG isn’t:
1. A forum for complaints
2. A fundraising organisation
3. A time consuming activity
The key roles are to:-
1. Create and improve two-way communication between patients and the practice.
2. Bring a sense of partnership between the practice and patients.
3. Provide an avenue for patient input in the way facilities and services are planned and provided.
4. Collect patient opinions and experiences to help the practice to evaluate its services.
Sue Matthews, Chair person of the PPG and Rosie Haworth-Booth Secretary of the PPG.
The practice is committed to improving the services we provide to our patients. To do this, it is vital that we hear from people about their experiences, views and ideas for making services better. The Patient Participation Group is an independent group and you can become involved by contacting Rosie Haworth Booth on 01271 830267, leave a note addressed to Rosie or Sue at Reception.
Please look at their website for more information as well: www.litchdonpatientsgroup.co.uk
Getting Your View
The group would like to contact patients on occasion by email and/or text so that they can obtain the views of the widest group of patients possible. We would like to obtain your email address and mobile phone number to do this. Please complete the Patient Contact Form to provide your consent for this.