It is our normal practice to dispense 28 days worth of medication for repeat prescriptions.
There are several ways to order your repeat prescriptions:
- You can order online via the link on the front page of this website. You will need to register first of all for ‘online booking details’. Please contact reception for further information.
- You can nominate a pharmacy to order your prescription(s) on your behalf
- Using your prescription counterfoil (the perforated right hand side). After marking the items you require, you can place your request in the red box outside of the Practice by the side entrance. Why not do this when you’re collecting your prescription(s) or medication to generate your prescription(s) for the next month?
- You can make a request in writing, enclosing a SAE if you require the prescription posting to you or a pharmacy. Most local pharmacies will collect prescriptions from us if asked to do so, but we can’t guarantee this.
- You can also request your repeat medications by emailing our Dispensing Team on D-CCG.LitchdonDispensary@nhs.net. Please ensure you include full name, DOB and address. You do not need to be a dispensing patient.
Please Note: To avoid error and the risk of mistakes, we are unable to accept repeat prescription requests via the telephone.
Christmas 2021 repeat medications
The last day for ordering repeat medication before Christmas will be Friday 17th December 2021 and therefore any requests received after that date may not be ready if needed for the Christmas bank holiday weekend.
Your GP will review all your repeat medications annually. If any blood tests or checks such as blood pressure are required you will be contacted by reception.
Please allow at least 3 working days for repeat prescriptions to be processed and remember to take weekends and bank holidays into account. Some chemists may take longer to process the prescription at their end for dispensing the medication.